< Metronome IM Server
< - Informations.
This software codebase began as a fork of prosody trunk (to be 0.9) merged with
LW.Org's custom patches, initiating from August 7th 2012 (see first commit).
Being mainly based on Prosody a lot of Metronome's code is backport compatible, but as
development progressed a good portion of it completely diverged from mainstream's to
better suit LW.Org IM's needs.
Differences from Prosody are, but not limited to:
* The Pubsub API and wrapped modules, mod_pubsub and mod_pep
* The MUC API and wrapper plugins
* Pluggable MUC configuration
* Pluggable Routing API
* Core stack: Modulemanager, Usermanager, Hostmanager, Module API, etc...
* More aggressive memory usage optimisations
* Bidirectional S2S Streams
* Direct TLS S2S Streams and XEP-0368 resolution
* Dialback errors handling and "DB without DB" (XEP-344)
* The anonymous auth backend (mod_auth_anonymous & sasl.lua ineherent part)
* Included plugins, utils
* SPIM prevention system
* Hits/blacklist/whitelist based host filtering (mod_gate_guard)
* In-Band Registration verification and account locking mechanism
* The HTTP API
* XEP-0252 support for BOSH's JSON Padding
* Extensive Microblogging over XMPP support
* Daemon Control Utility
* It does have only one server backend being libevent and has a hard dep. on lua-event